Summer is almost here – which means, picnics, parties, and last-minute gatherings are right around the corner. This simple, healthy, and delicious bean salad brings together classic Mediterranean flavors, and can be made the day before or day of – and guests will rave over the bold flavors.
- 4 cups cooked or canned beans (I used black and red bean)
- 1 green pepper, chopped in bite size pieces
- 1/2 white onion, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup roasted red peppers, minced
- 1/2 cup celery, sliced
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup light oil
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
In a large bowl, mix together all of the ingredients until well incorporated. Refrigerate for a minimum of 30 minutes before serving. For an extra boost of flavor, add crumbled feta or gorgonzola or your favorite olives. Serve with homemade Italian bread!